In accordance with the Data Protection Act, this policy gives you information about how Terracotta Senses treats personal information received from our web site visitors.
What is personal information?
Personal information is defined as information about you that is personally identifiable such as your title, name, address, email address and phone number.
The only time we’ll use your details for any other purpose than those listed above is to email you from time to time about our services. However, we will only do so if you have given us permission to do so, having opted in on one of the data collection forms.
We respect your privacy and will not rent, sell or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies.
Information collection and use
We collect visitor information in the following sections of the Terracotta Senses web site:
Orders – If you purchase something online, we’ll use your details to send you the items ordered. (Please note that for orders which use the PayPal checkout all personal details for these orders will be collected by PayPal)
Newsletter – If you register for our newsletter and offers, we will use your details to send you newsletters and offers
Contact Us – If you send us an enquiry via the email form, we’ll use your details to respond to your request/comments
Please note: where ever we collect personal information, we will alert you to the fact that personal data is being requested and that it will be processed fairly and lawfully.
Accessing your data
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies and how they benefit you
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile phone when you browse websites.
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Remember your settings during and between visits Improve the speed/security of the site
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions – You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
Our own cookies
- Making our shopping basket and checkout work
- Remembering your search settings
- There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site
- Visitor Statistics Cookies
This helps us to continuously improve our website. These “analytics” programs also tell us if how people reached this site (e.g. from a search engine) and whether they have been here before helping us to put more money into developing our services for you instead of marketing spend.
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of ours and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites It may be that your concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”.
Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.
We may update this policy from time to time. Please check this page regularly for notification of any significant changes in the way we treat your personal information.
This web site is operated by Terracotta Senses Ltd, 84 South St, Bishop’s Stortford CM23 3BG but maintained with help from Those2Guys Design Ltd.
Last Updated: 06/11/2020